Health and Safety training – Agri
$50.00 + GST
Duration: 30-45 minutes
The agriculture industry has had significantly more fatalities than any other primary industry. In 2016, 18 people died as a result of work-related incidents in agriculture, accounting for 36% of all workrelated fatalities that year.
Breaching these obligations and responsibilities will be costly for your business, not only in a financial sense but also in terms of the reputational and personal damage.
This course provides your employees with the training to understand how health and safety laws operate on the farm or in the workplace, assisting your business in minimising potential risk.
Potential Risks to Your Business
Penalties for breach of the Health and Safety at Work Act depend on the breach that occurred. The maximum penalty for:
- an organisation – $3,000,000;
- an officer – $600,000 or 5 years imprisonment;
- an employee – $300,000 or 5 years imprisonment.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- understand what is meant by the term health and safety;
- understand their role and responsibilities;
- identify, eliminate or control office hazards.
Courses cover the following topics:
- The law
- Your duties
- Control of workplaces
- Who’s responsible?
- Notification of accidents
- Monitoring and enforcing health and safety
- Eliminating or controlling hazards
- Manual handling
- Discomfort, Pain and Injury (DPI)
- DPI risks in the workplace
- Work practices
- Slips, trips and falls
- Psychological hazards
- Hazardous substances
- Electrical hazards
- How to control workplace hazards
- Reporting workplace hazards
- Emergency situations
- Emergency checklist
Do you have more than 20 employees and would like to learn about our Enterprise Program?