Duration: 30-45 minutes
Do you and your employees know your responsibilities regarding health and safety in the workplace? Breaching these requirements can be costly, with potential financial, commercial and reputational losses.
This course provides your employees with the training to understand how health and safety laws operate in the workplace, assisting your business in minimising potential risk.
Potential Risks to Your Business
Penalties for breach of the Health and Safety at Work Act depend on the breach that occurred. The maximum penalty for:
- an organisation – $3,000,000;
- an officer – $600,000 or 5 years imprisonment;
- an employee – $300,000 or 5 years imprisonment.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- understand what is meant by the term health and safety;
- understand their role and responsibilities;
- identify, eliminate or control office hazards.
Courses cover the following topics:
- The law
- Your duties
- Duties of visitors
- Who’s responsible?
- Notification of accidents
- Monitoring and enforcing health and safety
- Eliminating or controlling hazards
- Manual handling
- Occupational overuse syndrome (OOS)
- Ergonomic principles
- Work practices
- Slips, trips and falls
- Psychological hazards
- Electrical and reporting hazards
- Emergency situations
Do you have more than 20 employees and would like to learn about our Enterprise Program?