Seven Things You Need to Know About Compliance Training
It may well be that time of year again, when you feel you have to start looking at your compliance training programme. You know it must be done, you can even see the benefits your business will receive in being fully up to date with topics like Cyber Security and Health and Safety, but getting a full compliance programme up and running across your entire business is too hard. Right? Wrong.
In fact, there are many reasons why it doesn’t need to be hard if you run your compliance program online.
Seven Things You Need to Know:
- It doesn’t have to be hard – If you run it online, the content is already written for you. Sure you can customise it, but often that simply means tweaking what’s out there to fit your organisation’s needs. For many, the off-the-shelf option fits perfectly.
- It doesn’t have to be expensive – If you run it online, you don’t need to pay for rooms, lunches, outside trainers or your internal staff spending time creating and then delivering courses, let alone the time involved in getting people to attend. Online training starts from as little as $50 per person and can even be far less for larger organisations training more staff.
- Keeping track of it is simple – You don’t need to worry about storing sign-in sheets or people remembering to actually sign in. The system takes care of it all for you. You know who’s completed and what scores they have achieved.
- You can do the training anywhere – Sounds obvious as it is online, but you really can do it anywhere – in the office, in a café, at the airport lounge. As long as the trainee is connected, training can be completed anytime that suits them.
- It takes care of itself – If you’ve ever had to run a company-wide training programme, you know how hard it can be to get everyone trained. Scheduling the training, sending out invites and then actually getting everyone to the training can be difficult and time consuming. Sickness or the need to attend an important meeting can all lead to a drop-off in attendance. Online compliance training platforms can automatically schedule training, send reminders and be revisited at any time, which keeps your compliance program running with minimal involvement from you. That’s one administrative headache gone right there.
- It is consistent – It gets run the same way every time and everyone gets the same message. When dealing with a compliance programme and the law, it is important that each member of staff gets the same quality of training and the same material, each and every time. Online compliance training delivers this.
- Follow on years can be done in 5 minutes – This may well be unique to us here at Safetrac. We have developed ShortBurstTM training – a 5-minute refresher of the standard 45-minute course. Once your employees are trained, it makes sense to have a program in place which keeps their knowledge up-to-date and you confident they have remembered and can apply the key learnings to real life scenarios.
So there it is, the 7 things you need to know about online compliance training. If you’d like to find out more about the Safetrac online compliance training program, authored and updated by New Zealand law firm MinterEllisonRuddWatts, then click here.