Duration: 30 minutes
New Zealand businesses trade on a hard-earned reputation as one of the least corrupt countries in the world. Effective internal controls, ethics, and compliance programmes are essential to minimising or preventing the costs, legal consequences and reputational damage associated with corruption or the perception of corruption within your organisation.
This course provides employees with an introduction to both New Zealand and relevant international anti-bribery and corruption laws.
Potential Risks to Your Business
Penalties under anti-bribery and corruption law can be severe. The maximum penalty for:
- an individual – 10 years imprisonment and/or $1.1m in fines;
- an organisation – the greater of $11m or 3 times the value of the benefit or 10% of annual turnover if a value can’t be determined by the Court.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- understand their obligations relating to both New Zealand and relevant international anti-bribery and corruption laws;
- identify issues associated with bribery and corruption;
- understand how to comply with bribery and corruption laws.
Courses cover the following topics:
- The law
- Bribes through third parties
- Receipt of bribes
- Facilitation payments
- Third parties
- Gifts and hospitality
- Bribery and corruption risks
- Keeping records
- Who is responsible when a bribe occurs
- Reporting suspected foreign bribery
Do you have more than 20 employees and would like to learn about our Enterprise Program?