Duration: 30-45 minutes
As a managers or officer do you know your responsibilities regarding health and safety in the workplace? Breaching these requirements can be costly, with potential financial, commercial and reputational losses.
This course provides managers and officers with the training to understand how health and safety laws operate in the workplace, assisting your business in minimising potential risk.
Potential Risks to Your Business
Penalties for breach of the Health and Safety at Work Act depend on the breach that occurred. The maximum penalty for:
- an organisation – $3,000,000;
- an officer – $600,000 or 5 years imprisonment;
- an employee – $300,000 or 5 years imprisonment.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- understand what is meant by the term health and safety;
- understand the obligations of Managers and Officers;
- identify, eliminate or control office hazards.
Courses cover the following topics:
- The impact of occupational injury and disease
- Common law duty of care
- Workplace Health and Safety legislation
- Regulatory authorities
- Responsibilities of an organisation
- Due diligence
- Incident notification
- Inspectors powers
- Consultation in the workplace
- Enforcement options
- Defences to a Workplace Health and Safety prosecution
- Penalties for breaching Workplace Health and Safety legislation
Do you have more than 20 employees and would like to learn about our Enterprise Program?