Duration: 30-45 minutes
Workplace bullying and harassment is a significant hazard in New Zealand. It can have an impact on an individual’s health and happiness, affecting their ability to do their job. It can disrupt workplaces and reduce productivity.
This course provides businesses and their employees with the training to ensure that they are meeting their legal responsibility to provide a safe workplace for all employees.
Potential Risks to Your Business
Under workplace health and safety laws, a business can run the risk of:
- significant fines of up to $500,000 and imprisonment of up to two years;
- criminal prosecution;
- personal grievance claims from employees;
- financial losses from the associated effects.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- understand what is meant by the terms bullying and harassment;
- understand what is classified as unlawful behaviour in the workplace;
- understand how to respond to instances of alleged bullying or harassment.
Courses cover the following topics:
- Sexual harassment
- Away from the workplace
- Types of unlawful harassment
- Racial harassment
- Cyber bullying
- What is not bullying?
- Things you can do
- Dealing with complaints
Do you have more than 20 employees and would like to learn about our Enterprise Program?