Duration: 60 minutes
Corporate governance is the system by which organisations are directed and controlled. It influences how objectives are set and achieved, how risk is monitored and assessed, and how performance is optimised.
‘Directors’ Duties – General Principles’, provides an understanding of how corporate governance principles assist directors and other officers to satisfy their obligations.
Potential Risks to Your Business
- Reputational damage
- Civil liability, and in some cases criminal liability, for a breach of duties set out in legislation.
- Penalties, including pecuniary fines, compensatory orders and in some instances, imprisonment.
- Banning from holding a directorship or in any way taking part in the management of a company.
On completing this course, learners should be able to:
- understand different aspects of good corporate governance;
- understand their legal obligations as a director or officer of a company.
Course contents – General Principles
- Introduction to corporate governance
- The role of the board
- Appointment, resignation & liability of directors
- The role of directors & other officers
- General duties of directors & officers
- Directors’ duties in specific transactions
- Directors’ duties in bad times
- Board meetings, indemnities and insurance
Do you have more than 20 employees and would like to learn about our Enterprise Program?